ín keepíng wíth a healthíer January, today í’m bríngíng you a recípe that not only features one of my very favoríte flavor combínatíons, but one that you can eat at breakfast, lunch, dínner, or for a snack. You could eat thís all the líve long day… And í hope some of you end up doíng just that.
- ½ of a small oníon, chopped (approxímately ¼ cup) (í used a yellow oníon)
- 1-2 cloves garlíc, chopped
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, one wíth the seeds completely removed and chopped, the other slíced to desíred thíckness
- ⅓ cup packed fresh basíl, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded (pre-shredded ís fíne)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whítes
- ¾ cup mílk (any)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8″ or 9″ píe plate wíth non-stíck spray. Set asíde.
- Spray a large skíllet wíth non-stíck spray and heat over medíum-hígh heat. Add chopped oníon and garlíc (and a pínch of salt and black pepper) and cook for 5-6 mínutes, stírríng frequently, or untíl tender. Spoon oníon and garlíc ínto a medíum bowl and allow to cool.
- Slíce one of your tomatoes ín half and scoop out as many of the seeds as you can (to prevent quíche from gettíng soggy). After seeds are removed, chop tomato and add to oníon/garlíc míxture.