Pistachio Rose Panna Cotta Tart – Pistachio Rose Panna Cotta Tart, with it’s pistachio tart crust, rose panna cotta filling and rose jelly topping is a beautiful tart just perfect for a special occasion.
Just quietly, this easy dessert has had numerous variations and many moments of kicking my butt before I got to the beautiful creation you see here now – my Pistachio Rose Panna Cotta Tart.
This started as rose water mousse with a pistachio cookie, in a glass. Next it was a rose water panna cotta in a glass with a pistachio cookie. That morphed into a tart with a cookie base and a panna cotta top. Each of these variations were failures for different reasons but I stuck with it because I knew this could be amazing. And it is.
I knew I absolutely wanted to combine pistachios and rose water essence and I always wanted a sweet, pink rose jelly to top it off. Well, finally I can confidently say that this recipe, my Pistachio Rose Panna Cotta Tart, is perfection. It tastes as sublime as it looks.
Pistachio Rose Panna Cotta Tart
For the pistachio tart shell
- 100 g (3.5oz) pistachios
- 1 1/4 cups (163g / 6oz) plain (AP) flour
- 1/3 cup icing (confectioners / powdered) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 113 g (1 stick / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- 1 – 1.5 tablespoons (20-30ml) ice water (notes)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
For the Panna Cotta
- 1 cup (250ml) whole milk
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar (notes)
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 teaspoon rosewater essence
- pinch of salt
For the rose jelly
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (notes)
- 1 handful of raspberries
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater essence
- 1/4 cup pistachios (finely chopped)
- Dried rose petals
Get Instructions Here