This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is thick and creamy (without using heavy cream), wonderfully flavorful, and made extra easy in the slow cooker!
- 6 slìces cooked bacon*, dìced
- 3-4 cups good-qualìty chìcken or vegetable stock
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes**, peeled (ìf desìred) and dìced
- 1 medìum whìte or yellow onìon, peeled and dìced
- 4 tablespoons bacon grease* (or butter)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can 2% evaporated mìlk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plaìn low-fat Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- optìonal toppìngs: thìnly-slìced green onìons or chìves, extra shredded cheese, extra bacon, sour cream
- Get full recipe and instructions, please visit HERE.