Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already are aware that you should have a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that exercising regularly and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. However, are you aware that there are several foods that have been found to help you improve the health of your heart? If you are interested to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Beans–seriously–are super great for your heart. It’s true that your nose won’t appreciate them so much, in particular, the after effects of consuming beans, but they’re really healthy food items. This doesn’t mean that just consuming beans will counterbalance the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be eating. What is true, however, is that including beans on your green salad rather than chicken or consuming soy burgers instead of beef hamburgers is a great course of action to take. The good news is that beans are delicious–good enough that you are likely to not miss consuming beef or chicken.
There are plenty of foods you will find that that are good for your body. Without a doubt, the foods listed in this article can help your body in many ways. These foods are particularly beneficial for the heart, though. Introduce these foods into your diet daily. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie (vegetarian/vegan /low carb) recipe. To make shepherd's pie (vegetarian/vegan /low carb) you only need 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb):
- Take of Equipment.
- Prepare 2 of Pans.
- Provide 1 of Baking Tray (I think mine was approx 20cm x 20cm).
- Provide 1 of Food Pocessor (I used my trusty Nutribullet).
- Get of Oven.
- Get of Produce.
- Use 1 of Celery Sticks (finely chopped).
- Use 1 of Carrots (finely chopped).
- Provide 1/2-1 of Leek (finely chopped).
- Provide 200 gms of Mushrooms (some sliced, some finely chopped).
- You need 1/2 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- Take 2 of Garlic Clove (finely chopped).
- You need 1 tbs of fresh Parsley (finely chopped).
- Take 3 sprigs of Thyme (leave whole).
- You need 1 head of Cauliflower (processed) – for the topping.
- Prepare of Others.
- Provide 1 1/2 of tab Dried Mix Herbs (or Pizza herbs).
- Get 1 tbs of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 3 tsp of salt (2 for filling, 1 for topping).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper (1 for filling, 2/2 for topping).
- Use 1 tbs of Rice Flour (mixed in with 1/2 cup cold water).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Water.
- Use 2 Cups of Almond Milk (for the topping).
- Take 1 tbs of butter (for the topping – I used a dairy free version).
- Prepare 3 tbs of Parmesan (for the topping – I used a Vegan Parmesan).
- Get 1 Can of lentils (drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb):
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare vegetables as per ingredients instructions (pic doesn't show the Cauliflower once put in the food processor or the rice flour mixture).
- Place 1tbs Olive oil in a pan, add the onion and saute for 5mins..
- While the onion sautes, in the other pan, add the processed Cauliflower, 2 cups almond milk, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the other pan. Place lid on pan and leave to simmer covered (I didn't take any pics, sorry). This will cook down for approx 15 – 20mins cooking (or until softened).
- Back to the filling pan, Add the other tbs olive oil and then leek and garlic and saute for a further 3 minutes. Then add the Mushrooms, carrot, celery, parsley, tomato paste, thyme, mixed herbs, paprika, 2 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper and stir..
- Add the lentils and 1 1/2 cups Water and stir. Bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for approx 10mins.
- Just before the filling is ready, add the rice flour water mixture and cook for a minute or so and place the filling mixture into the baking tray.
- For the topping, place the cooked down Cauliflower mixture in a Food processor (I used a Nutribullet), with the butter and 2tbs Parmesan and blitz until smooth..
- Spread the Cauliflower Mash over the top of the filling, sprinkle the last tablespoon of Parmesan over the top and bake for 30mins..
- Once finished, serve. You can leave in the oven for longer for a browner top. I was too hungry to wait and it was great anyway (although doesn't make for the prettiest of pics 😂).
If you find this Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.