I’m always up for a pot of beans during cold winter days. This is just another flavorful recipe I put together with what I had. Delicious!
Cook time: 6 Hr Prep time: 15 Min Serves: Crock pot full
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 lb dry northern beans
- 4 c water
- 4 c chicken broth or stock
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon paste optional, it adds flavor
- 1 c baby carrots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp herbes de provence
- 1 meaty ham bone or a couple meaty ham hocks
How To make it:
1. Place oil in bottom of slow cooker, add onion, garlic and carrots. Next add ham bone, beans, seasonings, broth and water. Stir in bouillon.
2. Cook on high for 6 hours adding more broth or water as beans absorb. Cook until beans are desired tenderness.