I’m so jealous right now. All around me so many of you have 17+ inches of snow and we have NOTHING! Oh what I wouldn’t give for a true white Christmas this year. Anyway, I digress. I said all that to say I am currently obsessed with two things Christmas and soup! So that is what inspired me to make this Italian Sausage and White Bean Soup Recipe.
I would like to tell you I created this recipe, but that would be a lie. I came across this recipe in a Campbell’s Cookbook many years ago and we instantly fell in love with it. I’m sure this isn’t their exact recipe because let’s face it, we tweak things from year to year, but I know you are going to devour it so…
Let’s Get Started!
One of the things I love about this recipe is that most of the ingredients are things you already have on hand. For this Italian Sausage and White Bean Soup Recipe you will need:
GET INGGREDIENTS HERE
1. Add some oil to a soup pot and place over medium/high heat. Allow the pot to get hot.
2. Add the Italian sausage to the pot and cook until brown and no longer pink.
3. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is tender and translucent and you can smell the garlic coming from the pot.
4. Next add the basil and Italian seasoning, chicken broth, beans, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
5. Add the macaroni and simmer for another 8 minutes.
Add the spinach, grated parmesan, and taste for seasoning.
Serve and Enjoy!