Greek Chickpea Soup – Since the weather got sooo cold the only thing I want to eat is a warm bowl of soup. Whether it’s an Avgolemono soup, a Meatball soup, or this chickpea soup which is really one of my favorites. I love chickpeas and I think they taste the best in this soup. Cooked till nice and soft, thickened with olive oil and flavored with lemon and wild Greek oregano.
This nutritious soup needs only a handful of ingredients to put together and can be made either in the instant pot or on the stovetop.
Get Ingredients Here
1. Half fill a cooking pot with water and add the chickpeas. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Cook for about 5 minutes and then drain chickpeas in a strainer.
2. Heat a splash of olive oil in your pressure cooker or in cooking pot over high heat.
3. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened.
4. Add chickpeas along with 2 liters of water. Pressure cook on high for 20 minutes or reduce heat to medium and cook for 2-3 hours on the stovetop (depending on how soft you want your chickpeas).
5. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Make sure there’s enough water to slightly cover the chickpeas. Otherwise, add a bit more.