CREAMY CRACK CHICKEN SOUP – This Creamy Crack Chicken Soup recipe is loaded with incredible cheesy flavor! The perfect winter comfort food prepared with bacon, chicken, cheese, spinach, and ranch seasoning. Low carb and Keto approved, too!
CRACK CHICKEN SOUP
Warm up to a big bowl of this Creamy Crack Chicken Soup! Judging by the popularity of my Baked Crack Chicken Breasts AND the Instant Pot Crack Chicken, me thinks you will absolutely LOVE crack chicken in soup form.
SO good, so comforting, and really easy to make, this soup is by far my favorite homemade chicken soup. Ready in less than 30 minutes, you will enjoy every spoonful of it. Crack Chicken Soup makes an ideal meal for cold winter nights, but we enjoy it year round, no matter the Season.
Get Ingredients Here
1. Cook diced bacon to a crisp in a Dutch Oven or soup pot.
2. Remove bacon from pot with a slotted spoon, leaving bacon grease in the pot.
3. Add butter to the pot and melt over medium-high heat.
4. Stir in onions and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
6. Add chicken broth and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
7. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, chives, salt, and pepper.
8. Add bay leaf and bring to a boil; lower heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Stir in shredded chicken; cook for 5 minutes.
10. Add cream cheese and whisk in until completely melted and combined.
11. Stir in shredded cheese; whisk until melted and thoroughly combined.
12. Add baby spinach; cook for 2 minutes.
13. Stir in heavy cream and cook for 1 minute.
14. Taste for seasonings (salt and pepper) and adjust
accordingly. Remove bay leaf.
15. Remove soup from heat; top with scallions and previously prepared bacon.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 8
Reduce points down to 3 by using fat free cream cheese, fat free cheddar cheese, and turkey bacon.