Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo – this cajun alfredo is absolutely loaded with flavor! Seasoned chicken and smoked sausage in a homemade cajun alfredo sauce.
CAJUN CHICKEN ALFREDO
This recipe is a combination of two of my most popular recipes, One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo and CrockPot Chicken Alfredo. This slow cooker version is so delicious and sure to be a hit with your family. The smoked sausage and cajun seasoning flavor the chicken and alfredo sauce as it is cooking and gives the dish so many layers of flavor!
The best part is that even the pasta cooks right in the slow cooker.
Get Ingredients Here
1. Pat chicken breasts dry and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Heat olive oil over high heat and quickly sear chicken breasts on both sides.
2. Add chicken breasts,sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, cajun seasoning and several turns of freshly ground black pepper to slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours, until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and slice.
4. Stir in 1/2 cup of hot water and uncooked penne pasta, cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes. Just until pasta is tender.
5. Once pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese, sliced chicken and additional salt and black pepper to taste.