Easy Panera Inspired Easy Cream Of Chicken And Rice Soup – the best soup on a cold and snowy day! Creamy, flavorful, filling and very easy to make in one pot. No slow cooker required.
Just a few simple ingredients for this Panera Inspired Easy Cream Of Chicken And Rice Soup. While theirs is a little different, I do find the taste pretty similar and this is how I make it. You can use wild rice instead of regular rice, but I rarely buy wild rice.
Keep in mind that wild rice has more protein and fewer calories than white rice and it might be the better option.
It is cold and snowy around here and I love making soups! This Panera Inspired Easy Cream Of Chicken And Rice Soup is one of my favorite soups. I wish I made it more often, but for some reason I don’t always remember about it. Even though I always have all ingredients for it, it has always been a “winter” soup for me.
GET INGREDIENTS HERE
- Heat oil i a large pot (Dutch oven).
- Add chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until no longer pink.
- Add garlic, onion, carrot and (celery), salt, pepper, oregano and basil Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in the rinsed rice and chicken stock. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until the rice is fully cooked.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Add to the soup. Add the heavy cream. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley.