Light and absolutely stunning, this creamy lemon pie is perfect for summer (or anytime, really!). It only requires a few ingredients and is so simple to make; no wonder I’m in love!
GET INGREDIENTS HERE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust, combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl and stir until the graham cracker crumbs are evenly moistened; the mixture will look like wet sand.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and all the way up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes until just lightly golden.
- For the filling, in a medium bowl with a handheld electric mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment), beat the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt together for 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Lightly tap the bottom of the bowl 2-3 times on the counter to pop any little air bubbles.
- Pour the filling evenly into the baked crust.
- Bake the pie for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely. Cover the top lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- For the whipped topping, beat the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla together with a handheld electric mixer, electric stand mixer or a blender until it is fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly over the pie or serve a dollop of the whipped cream on each individual piece. Garnish with raspberries if desired.
Substitutions: I think this pie would be delicious subbing the lemon juice out for lime juice (or even orange juice!). I highly recommend using fresh citrus juice over bottled juice for a brighter, better flavor.