This is how you make the best fettuccine alfredo ever! Now you have all my secrets and tips to make my absolute favorite dish. Enjoy!
I’ve been in love with fettuccine alfredo since forever. The rich and perfectly smooth parmesan sauce and thick noodles are enough to make anyone swoon. I consider this recipe my number one signature dish. This is the one I make when I really want to impress my guests. This recipe took about 10 years to perfect. Not to say that I screwed it up for 10 years but I never really wrote the recipe down and often played around with the ingredients until I hit that ultimate sweet spot.
Over 10 years, you learn a lot about what works and what doesn’t. Fettuccine alfredo is one of those dishes you just don’t play around with. You follow the instructions and you never veer off the path, period! Deviations always lead to disaster. It’s a cooking recipe that feels more like baking honestly. But it’s so worth it when you get it right! And that’s why I’m here, to lead you down the path of pasta righteousness. Here’s what you have to know in order to make the best damn fettuccine alfredo on earth!
Get Ingredients Here
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions
- In a large sauce pan on medium heat, add garlic and melt butter.
- Pour in whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add 1/2 shredded cheese and all the cream cheese into liquid and whisk consistently until the cheese is fully integrated.
- You’ll know because your whisk won’t have any cheese hanging off it.
- Add the other 1/2 of the shredded cheese and whisk consistently until the cheese is, again fully integrated.
- Turn heat down to low and let it sit for 10 mins to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.