Grandma’s Potato Soup recipe is so comforting and perfect when you are trying to capture some of those familiar feelings of childhood. Made with russet potatoes, butter, evaporated milk you can create a bowl of soul-satisfying soup. In about 45 minutes you can have the best bowl of potato soup your spoon can sink into!
Homemade potato soup is so comforting and perfect when you are trying to capture some of those familiar feelings of childhood. In fact, some recipes are so nostalgic that you just need to have them – and this old fashioned potato soup recipe is definitely one of them. Potatoes, milk, and other fresh vegetables make for a delightful pot of soup.
GET INGREDIENTS HERE
- Peel and chop 4 potatoes into bite-sized chunks and place into a medium-sized stockpot. Place the 1 peeled potato into the pot.
- Add evaporated milk and fill up empty can with each whole milk and water.
- Add butter, allow to melt. Add chopped celery, onion, chopped garlic, sea salt, and pepper.
- Stir until well blended.
- Cook on low or simmer until potatoes are soft.
- DO NOT allow soup to boil.
- If desired top with fresh or dried herbs, cheese, crumbled cooked bacon.
- RECIPE TIPS FOR THE COOK
- Serve potato soup cold during the summer! Vichyssoise is cold potato soup!
- Do not use potatoes that have a green tinge to them, they are past their prime!
- The soup is best consumed 2 or 3 days after it is made!
- The flavor of potato soup is enhanced by any buttered sweet roll or dinner roll.
- This potato soup is made with evaporated milk and many thanks go to hyjinx for sharing the recipe.