HOMEMADE KRISPY KREMES (HOW TO !)
Ingredients List :
- three tbsp milk
- three tbsp boiling water
- one tsp dry active yeast
- 8 oz all purpose flour “a little under 2 cups – I recommend you measure and weigh””
- one 1/2 oz sugar “”about three tablespoons””
- one egg
- one oz butter
- dash of salt
- Enough oil to cover the bottom few inches of a wok, or a deep fryer.
- In a large measuring jug, combine the milk and boiling water.
- Add a teaspoon of the sugar and the yeast. Stir it gently, then leave it in a warm place for the yeast to activate “aka foam”.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, the rest of the sugar, and the salt. Cut in the butter using your fingers or a pastry blender, until it resembles crumbs.
- Add the egg “give it a quick beat” and yeast mixture to the flour mix, and mix into a smooth dough. This usually takes about five min of mixing.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured counter and knead for about 5 to 10 min / it should feel springy and little bubbles should form under the surface. Place it back in the bowl, cover with a cloth or plastic wrap, and let rise for about an hour until double in size.
- Once risen, place the dough onto the counter and cut it into Four pieces. One piece at a time, stretch it into a long rope about an inch to an inch and a half wide. Cut strips about an inch long, ball em up with your hands, and place them on a baking tray or wire rack to wait.
- Cover the doughnuts holes with a cloth to rise while you heat the oil to ” 375 F “.
- Place the doughnuts into the oil and fry until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes. Be sure to fry only a few at a time so they don’t overcrowd and stick together
- Last Step, drain on a paper towel or wire rack over a cloth, before glazing them. Be sure to glaze them warm, or else they won’t get that delicious coverage, lastly Don’t forget to share!