Banana Bread Brownies with Brown Butter Frosting – If you like bananas in any way, shape, or form, this recipe is for you. A moist, almost fudgy, cake topped with a brown butter frosting.
Banana Bread Brownies with Brown Butter Frosting is seriously one of the best ways you can use up your overripe bananas. I sometimes buy extra bananas just for this purpose. But for the most part whenever we have bananas that start to brown I put them in a plastic bag in the freezer to store them to make yummies like this.
Banana Bread Brownies with Brown Butter Frosting are easy to make and you don’t need any special ingredients to make them. Just your basic staples.
Get Ingredients Here
- Heat oven to 375F. Grease and flour 15×10-inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a light golden brown and remove from heat immediately.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth (it should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting). You can add more powdered sugar or milk if needed.
- Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars (the frosting will be easier to spread while the bars are still warm).