Caprese Chicken Lasagna – Fresh tomatoes, ricotta, and chicken make this lasagna a perfect weeknight dinner. Get the recipe at Delish.com. #delish #easy #recipe #chicken #caprese #lasagna #pasta #dinner #basil #mozzarella #balsamic #chickenbreast
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 5 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 (16-oz.) container ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 6 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook lasagna noodles until very al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Season chicken with oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook in a single layer, in batches if necessary, until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes. Return all chicken to skillet, then add balsamic vinegar and half the garlic to pan and stir until balsamic is slightly thickened, 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Make sauce: Bring skillet back to medium heat and melt in butter. Add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and cook until golden, 1 minute more. Gradually add in milk while whisking, then simmer until thick and creamy, 3 minutes. Add Parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella, stirring until melty. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta and egg and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping, and top with about a third of ricotta mixture, a third of tomatoes, a third of the basil, a third of the cooked chicken, another layer of sauce, and a third of mozzarella. Repeat for a total of three layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese is melty, about 25 minutes. Turn oven to broil and broil until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.
Recipe By Delish