If you’re searching for simple and tasty recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
Fall Brandied Squash.
One of the all-time best Fall Brandied Squash ever! . Genuinely the best Fall Brandied Squash recipe! It’s super-easy to create,its SO amazingly cozy and delicious, instructions included below.
You can cook this recipe using 7 ingredients with 24 steps. ok don’t waste time, merely go ahead Here is how you cook it. .
The Thing You Need to Make Fall Brandied Squash
- Prepare 3 medium of butternut squash (about 11 cups cubed).
- Prepare 2 large of acorn squash (about 11 cups cubed).
- You need 2 lb of dried pitted cherries (about 5.5 cups).
- You need 3/4 cup of Christian brothers brandy (or whatever brand you like).
- You need 1 cup of melted butter.
- You need 3 cup of light brown Sugar (less if you want it less sweet.. more for more sweet).
- Prepare 1 of ground cinnamon (see directions).
How to Make Fall Brandied Squash
Ready to cook? Here’s what you need to do :
- Wash any dirt or debree from your squash..
- Starting with your butternut squash. But if the ends..
- Cut squash in half lengthwise..
- Scoop out seeds..
- Peel squash..
- Slice short ways then cube..
- Repeat until all butternut squash is cubed. Place in a large bowl..
- Now working with the acorn squash. . Cut in half as shown and scoop out seeds..
- Cut aLong the natural grooves making wedges..
- Peel squash wedges..
- SLice and cube wedges. Place in a large bowl.
- Bring a large stock pot to a rolling boil. Place all cubed squash into boiling water. Boil for a few minutes until squash is firm tender..
- Place squash into a colander and drain rinsing with cold water to cool squash to stop the cooking proCess..
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a large bowl place all the squash and the cherries. Toss well..
- Divide squash mix equally between two large baking sheets..
- Mix together melted butter and brandy..
- Divide brandy butter mix equally between both pans drizzling over squash..
- Sptinkle brown sugar equally over all the squash. I used a sifter for easier sprinkling..
- Sprinkle cinnamon across the top. As Much as you would like..
- Place squash in oven on middle oven rack. Bake for about 30 Minutes or until ask squash is cooked through. Oven isn't big enough to place them side by side so I did one on top the other . Naked 15 min. Then traded places and baked an additional 15 min..
- ReMove from oven and scoop out into a serving bowl. Pour juices over..
- Serve and enjoy!.
- Pretty much any type of squash can be used even pumpkin. Taste good warm, hot or cold! Also awesome if yOu add mini marshmallows sprinkle on top last 15 min of baKing.
As always, thank you for reading through this blog, that allows me to share more unique content and recipes to suit your needs.
Sharing is caring!
Happy cooking … Cheers, friends!