Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stir fried couscous/corn beef soup recipe. You can have stir fried couscous/corn beef soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup:
- Provide 1 of small pack couscous.
- Provide 1 handful of fresh peas.
- You need 2 of small carrots, chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Provide of Hot sauce for garnish.
- You need Teaspoon of salt.
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Use 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Use of For the soup.
- Provide Half of kg spicy cooked beef.
- Get 1 of big can sweet corn.
- Take 1 of big carrot, julienned.
- Prepare 1 of small green and red bell peppers, julienned.
- Use Teaspoon of each, ginger and garlic pastes.
- Get of Crushed scotch bonnets.
- Use 1 of big onion, sliced.
- Provide of Quarter cup vegetable oil.
- Prepare cubes of Some salt and seasoning.
- You need Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Take Half of teaspoon dry thyme.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon curry powder.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of cornflour.
Steps to make Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup:
- For the couscous,pour the couscous in a large bowl,add the salt and butter and stir together.gently pour boiled water over it.once the water covers the top of the couscous, it’s enough.use a wooden spoon to stir well until the butter dissolves completely.cover tight and keep aside for 30nins..
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan or pot,once hot add the chopped onion,peas and carrots.stir fry for 10mins to enable the veggies get soft.after 10mins gradually add in the couscous and stir well to combine. Stir for 5nins and it’s done..
- For the soup, heat the oil in a large pot. Add sliced onion,ginger and garlic pastes,scotch bonnet and thyme. Stir fry till onion is translucent.add water (hot or cold), depending on how much u want the soup. Add the beef and carrot, stir, cover and bring to a boil. Add salt, seasoning cubes, sweet corn,bell peppers, curry and turmeric. Stir and cover to cook for 5mins. Mix the cornflour with some water to make a smooth paste. Use the cornstarch to thicken the soup..
- Stir and cook for 3_5mins,on low heat. Serve with the couscous..
If you find this Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.