Before you jump to Toni’s Shepherds Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of modest changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One healthy alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to toni’s shepherds pie recipe. To make toni’s shepherds pie you only need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Toni’s Shepherds Pie:
- Use 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground veal.
- Use 4 of russet potatoes.
- Take 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Get 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- Take 2 tbsp of mayo (Hellmans).
- Provide 1 cup of frozen mixed peas & carrots.
- You need 1 medium of yellow onion.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of white mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Take 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Get 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese freshly grated.
- Get 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of salt.
- Provide 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Use 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Provide 1 tsp of fresh rosemary.
- Get 2 of frozen pie crusts.
- Get 2 tsp of evoo.
Instructions to make Toni’s Shepherds Pie:
- let pie crusts thaw at room temp, slice mushrooms, slice onion, mince garlic cloves, chop thyme and rosemary..
- peel potatoes, cut into square inches, rinse clean, boil water add salt, then once water is boiled add potatoes.
- heat a large frying pan over medium heat add 2 tspn of evoo & 2 tspn of butter, then add sliced onions & mushrooms a pinch of salt & pepper and brown mushrooms & cook onions until their translucent..
- then add 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground veal add garlic powder, onion powder, pinch of pepper, & pinch of salt, brown meat, then add frozen mixed peas & carrots, red wine & beef broth cook to a simmer on medium low heat till absorbed, then add minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, & set to side..
- preheat oven now at 400°.
- drain potatoes, add back to pot add 1/2 stick of butter, 2 tbsp of mayo, pinch of salt & pepper, onion & garlic powder to taste, 1/2 cup of milk and smash & mix by hand till smooth yet a tad bit chunky for texture, then add Parmesan cheese and mix lightly..
- now add even scoops of meat & veggie filling to pie crusts, then on top of that generously add potatoes to the top of filling and smooth around with spoon, place in preheated oven till the top of potatoes get golden brown and trimming of pie crust is golden browned, take out let sit covered with a tinfoil tent for about 10 to 15 mins, cut each pie into fours and serve.
If you find this Toni’s Shepherds Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.